A Look at what Republicans in the House are doing. IMPORTANT Factual information!
Posted February 6, 2013on:
- In: Barack Obama | Communism in America | Economy/Money | Environment | EPA Environmental Protection Agency | Federal Reserve | Financial Industry Reform | Iran and Nuclear weapons | Israel Fight for Survival | national deficit, taxes, national budget | Obama 2013 and beyond | Obama admistration | Obama Against America | Obama and ethics | Obama Executive Decress | Obamanation | Progressives Movement to Destroy America | Subverting America by Uri Bezmenov
- Leave a Comment
This report from the Republican Study committee on what the conservative Republicans in the House of Representatives are doing and legislation they are putting forward to try to block Obama ‘s agenda and save our country. Much important information so do go to the referred sites for additional information. We all need to be aware of what is happening and these Congressmen are trying to get the information out there and pass legislation that will save us. Much of what they do however will go nowhere, but we still need to be aware. Their budgets proposals and much of their proposed legislation has passed the full House during the last 4 years but are left sitting on the shelf in Democrat Harry Reid’s Senate! You may want to subscribe to get their reports also so I have given you all the information in this post. BB
Tuesday, February 5, 2013 | View Online
RSC Update: Require a PLAN
From the Chairman
American families are still struggling due to President Obama’s failed economic policies. The President believes that Washington can tax, borrow and spend its way to a better future, yet House conservatives know that just like American families and businesses who have had to tighten their budgets, Washington must also start living within its means. The first step in creating a responsible budget is to present a budget. Republicans in the House have passed a budget for the past two years, and will proudly do so again this year. The Senate has yet to submit a budget for the past four years and the President has submitted his budget late four out of the past five years, which is irresponsible.
Fiscal sanity will never be restored in Washington until the Democrats learn to properly budget, just like American families and businesses. That is why the House, spearheaded by the RSC, is forcing the Democrats in the Senate to present and vote on a budget and is voting on former RSC Chairman Price’s bill, the “Require a PLAN Act.” Rep. Price’s bill will compel the President to submit an estimate of the earliest fiscal year that his budget will balance, if ever. American families have a right to know how their hard-earned tax dollars are being spent, and the RSC along with House Republicans are working to put an end to the President and the Democrats’ reckless tax, regulate, and spend agenda.
Congressman Steve Scalise
Chairman, Republican Study Committee
RSC Media Activity– RSC members work hard to ensure that the conservative viewpoint is well-represented in all corners of the media. Visit our Media Center for more.
- Rep. Kevin Brady (TX-08): Using Children as Props to Abolish the Second Amendment; Washington Times, January 31.
- Rep. Paul Broun’s (GA-10) fight to Audit the Fed was profiled by Roll Call on January 20. Picks Up Paul’s Fight Against Fed.
- Rep. Bob Goodlatte (VA-06) was recently profiled as the “Player of the Week,” by The Hill on February 5, Player of the Week: Rep. Bob Goodlatte
- Rep. Robert Hurt (VA-05): The logic of ‘No Budget, No Pay’; NewsAdvance.com, January 29.
RSC Member Activity–RSC members make it a priority to introduce productive, conservative solutions for America’s future.
- Rep. Virginia Foxx (NC-05) is building support for the Preserve Land Freedom for Americans Act, which amends the Antiquities Act to require state approval for presidential designations of national monuments. Monument designations should be subject to state approval in order to ensure that states – not only the administration – have a say in what is best for their residents.
- Rep. Trent Franks (AZ-08) is building support for a Ronald Reagan Resolution. Mr. Franks is seeking original cosponsors for a resolution celebrating the life of Ronald Reagan on the anniversary of his birth.
- Rep. Paul Gosar (AZ-04) is seeking support for his Resolution Expressing No Confidence in AG Holder and Calling for His Resignation. As Congress investigated Operation Fast and Furious in the 112th Congress, Attorney General Holder appeared before various House and Senate committee hearings to testify on the matter. In these testimonies, Mr. Holder evaded, obstructed, and misled the investigation. Attorney General Holder has clearly lost the confidence of Congress and the American people.
- Rep. Tim Griffin (AR-02) seeks support for his letter to President and State Department on shipment of F-16s to Egypt. Rep. Griffin is urging members to sign on to a letter to the President and Secretary Kerry requesting a delay in the U.S. government’s shipment of F-16s to the Egyptian military.
- Rep. Duncan Hunter (CA-50) is building support for H.R. 342 “the Guarantee Paychecks for America’s Military Families Act,” to ensure that our troops are paid in the event the debt ceiling is reached.
- Rep. Duncan Hunter (CA-50)is building support to Report Real Unemployment Numbers. Rep. Hunter will soon reintroduce the Real Unemployment Calculation Act would ensure that the official national unemployment rate presents an accurate account of the true unemployment situation.
- Rep. Mike Kelly (PA-03) is building support fora Concurrent Resolution Opposing the UN Arms Trade Treaty. On Christmas Eve 2012, the UN voted to hold a final round of negotiations on the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) in March 2013. The ATT raises a number of serious concerns, including threats to our Second Amendment rights, our domestic defense manufacturing base, and our ability to defend our allies such as the Republic of China (Taiwan) and the State of Israel.
- Rep. Mike Kelly (PA-03) is seeking support for “The Advice and Consent Restoration Act,” which prevents individuals unconstitutionally appointed to the NLRB from collecting their $155,500 salaries and ensures that as long as unconstitutionally appointed individuals remain in their positions, the NLRB is prohibited from performing its authorized functions.
- Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (MO-03) is building support for legislation to defund UN climate change initiatives. With President Obama reigniting the climate change debate, Rep. Luetkemeyer is reintroducing his legislation with an added prohibition on federal contributions to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), which works to implement IPCC initiatives. Together, U.S. contributions to IPCC and UNFCC have nearly double under the Obama administration.
- Rep. Jeff Miller (FL-01) is building support for H.R. 324, to grant the Congressional Gold Medal, collectively, to the First Special Service Force.The First Special Service Force (FSSF) was a covert World War II military unit born through the efforts of President Franklin Roosevelt and Prime Minister Winston Churchill. The FSSF conducted ultra-high risk military missions in the Aleutian Islands, Italy, and southern France. Once sent into action, the FSSF never failed a combat mission.
- Rep. Scott Perry (PA-04) seeks support for his Balanced Budget Amendment that would force the President to pass a budget that justifies each department and agency’s funding levels.
- Rep. Marlin Stutzman (IN-03) is building support for the FFOCUS Act- Focusing the Fed on the Currency of the United States Act of 2013. This bill simply eliminates the unemployment aspect of the Fed’s dual mandate in order to focus Chairman Bernanke on price stability.
Outlook – A quick look at what’s on the horizon.
- The House Conservative member retreat is Wednesday to Friday this week in Baltimore.
- The House will be voting on RSC member Rep. Tom Price’s (GA-06) “Require a PLAN act,” H.R. 444 on Wednesday.
- RSC Updates are now online! Looking for one of our recently released charts and graphs? Click here.
- Stay up to date on budget and spending news with reports from the RSC Budget and Spending Task Force.
- Keep up with national security by reading the National Security Working Group’s newest report.
- Check out the Repeal Task Force’s work to eliminate bad laws and regulations.
House Republican Study Committee
2338 Rayburn House Office Bldg
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 226-9717
Fax: (202) 226-1633