..Contact your Representative in the House today and this list of Senators.
Posted December 28, 2009on:
We need to work on a handful of Democrats who can be persuaded to vote against the bill. Here is our target list:
- Blanche Lincoln (D-Arkansas) ~ (202) 224-4843
- Mark Pryor (D-Arkansas) ~ (202) 224-2353
- Mary Landrieu (D-Louisiana) ~ (202) 224-5824
- Michael Bennet (D-Colorado) ~ (202) 224-5852
- Mark Begich (D-Alaska) ~ (202) 224-3004
- Byron Dorgan (D-North Dakota) ~ (202) 224-2551
- Kent Conrad (D-North Dakota) ~ (202) 224-2043
- Ben Nelson (D-Nebraska) ~ (202) 224-6551
This was my email:
This from article in Investors.com – Forever Gone December 22, 2009
“‘Page 1,020″ — it may soon be a mantra for one of the most disturbing abuses of legislative power in history. In setting up an Independent Medicare Advisory Board, that page of the Senate health overhaul bill passed in the dead of night early Monday says, “It shall not be in order in the Senate or the House of Representatives to consider any bill, resolution, amendment or conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection.”
This is the Death Panel that I didn’t believe in but I do now. How much ease is in this terrible bill? Please do not pass this bill. I just can not believe that you have so much hate and contempt for your countrymen as to agree to a bill with this passage in it. You have always seemed to me to be compassionate and sane. This Health Care Bill that no one has read is insane. Please start over and do it right?
You have parents, do you want a Death Panel deciding their fate? And do you want laws passed with a passage like this in it where laws that may be bad for our country can not be changed?
Sincerely, Brenda and Lew Bowers