>>Big goverment Blog Must Reads.
Posted January 30, 2010on:
Big Government Blog has some very important articles that you should read. It is my usual method to read newspapers and blogs and pick articles to pass on to you that I feel won’t be covered by the media and in that way you get a better understanding of what is really going on. At least this is what I hope I am doing for my readers. In this case the Big government Blog offers so much that my readers should know. Big Government makes no bones about their sentiments as they are Conservative to the core. However they are also honest and back up their reporting which the Main Stream Media (MSM) does not! Today I just found so many articles that should be read that I decided to recommend them all and let you see for yourself. BB
- Real Health Care Solutions – Letting O Know– 8 hours agoIn his State of the Union Address Wednesday night, President Obama called on folks to let him know if there are better health care solutions he and congress should be considering: As temperatures …
- Citizens United Huge Step Forward for Free Speech– 16 hours agoOn January 21, the U.S. Supreme Court empowered ordinary Americans to speak out on an equal footing with millionaires and the media in U.S. elections. Threatened by people being able to freely speak t…
- Obama’s Lobbyist Slams Mask Big K Street Payday– 17 hours agoIn his State of the Union speech , the president puffed up his chest, fixed his Mr. Scornful face, and once again pulled out the populist’s handbook to bash those evil, monstrous lobbyists. Obama me…
- Obama: We Had Nothing to Do With Cornhusker Kickback, Emanuel: Yes We Did– 17 hours agoRahm Emanuel: “We were involved in the legislation all the way through.” Video by Real Clear Politics Hours before his embattled boss gave his first State of the Union address, White House…
- Unions’ Unfair PLAy in California– 18 hours agoSome elected leaders in California are coming up on a tough decision: do they do what’s right for taxpayers, or take from the poor and give to rich union officials? The story: Working Americans — …
- Bin Laden Weighs in to Prop Up Flagging “Climate” Issue– 19 hours agoSo the Washington Post reports that bin Laden is still furious about the U.S. causing global warming. Al Jazeera , which originally broke the communiqué story , did so with a headl…
- ACORN: Coming to an Illinois Voting Booth Near You?– 20 hours agoWhen ACORN was caught stacking voter rolls with fake names leading up to the 2008 election, we stood up and took notice. Maybe an aberration, maybe part of a plan to undermine our system of elections….
- The Return of Bernanke and Obama’s Incomprehensible SOTU– 20 hours agoListen
It is difficult to catalog just how many contradictions there were in the President’s State of the Union address. A President calling for bipartisanship and an end to the permanent campaign gave a speech that was–in tone and in substance–a campaign speech. A President calling for unity gave a speech that practically cried out “all the bad stuff that happened was George W. Bush’s fault!”. A President calling for a renewal of national purpose spent large amounts of time playing class warfare games, and seeking to turn Americans against Wall Street. That latter activity is an easy one to engage in. But just because something is easy, does not make it right..
Obama’s remarks quickly came under fire after the speech Wednesday to a joint session of Congress. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said the president was “completely wrong” about the case.
He said contrary to Obama’s assertion, federal regulations as well as a law untouched by the court ruling barred foreign nationals or foreign corporations from making contributions to U.S. election campaigns.
“The court ruled unconstitutional sections of federal law that barred corporations and unions from spending their own money to express their views about issues and candidates,” McConnell said. “This was the right decision because democracy depends upon free speech, not just for some but for all.”
His comments echoed those of the independent FactCheck.org, which concluded it was unclear whether the court’s ruling would lead to a flood of campaign advertising by foreign-based companies because a law still on the books bars them from spending money on U.S. elections.
Hey people, I knew that the candidate Obama was taking money from foreign countries and individuals and If i knew it than surely a whole lot of other people knew it and knew also it was against the law. but the MSM was so in love with Obama they failed to report it just as they failed to vet him on so many other issues. So we are stuck with a President elected by fools. Thank God many of them are mainly one time voters who will crawl back under the rocks they live under and not vote again. But this is besides the point because a big pile of foreign money got this creature the exposure he needed and got him the funds to spread around to such outfits as ACORN who were able to doctor voter registration making it possible for many to vote more than once and then to stand guard outside of polling places and make sure only the “correct” people got in to vote.
“While, Mr. Obama’s mistaken concern about foreign donors giving to American campaigns would be a result of the Supreme Court’s Citizen’s United decision, it should be noted that his own 2008 presidential campaign involved questionable donors.
Only after the president’s 2008 win, in July of last year, his campaign returned foreign campaign donations coming from different 39 countries. (h/t The Hill):
According to Federal Election Commission reports filed last week, Obama for America last quarter returned more than $89,000 to foreign nationals. The foreigners came from 39 countries on six continents, stretching from Uganda to Haiti, Luxembourg to China and Egypt to the Philippines.
…Federal election law requires illegal contributions to be refunded within 30 days of discovery, and that campaigns not spend any money that could be an illegal contribution until they determine its legality.
How regulated did political speech become during the decades when the court was derelict in its duty to actively defend the Constitution? The Federal Election Commission, which administers the law that rations the quantity and regulates the content and timing of political speech, identifies 33 types of political speech and 71 kinds of “speakers.” The underlying statute and FEC regulations cover more than 800 pages, and FEC explanations of its decisions have filled more than 1,200 pages. The First Amendment requires 10 words for a sufficient stipulation: “Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech.”
I could not believe this was anything but a joke when I first read it! California is like the nation on the verge of bankruptcy so the controlling Democrats vote in a universal health care plan paid for by the tax payers of California who are so over burdened by taxes now that businesses are leaving the state in droves. BB
“Democrats are the majority in both houses of the California Legislature. The 40-member state Senate passed the single-payer plan on a 22-14 vote, sending it to the Assembly. One Democrat voted against the measure.
Schwarzenegger promised to veto the proposal, as he has two similar plans that previously reached his desk. Spokeswoman Rachel Arrezola cited the state’s massive budget cuts and looming $20 billion deficit in arguing the state cannot afford to shift to a single-payer health care system.
“Any elected official who thinks it’s a good idea to strap the state with tens of billions of dollars from a government-run health care system is clearly not in touch with what voters need and deserve,” Arrezola said.”
12. Krauthammer: Real Detainee Scandal Began After Pantybomber was Captured
We have since learned that the decision to Mirandize Abdulmutallab had been made without the knowledge of or consultation with (1) the secretary of defense, (2) the secretary of homeland security, (3) the director of the FBI, (4) the director of the National Counterterrorism Center or (5) the director of national intelligence (DNI).
The Justice Department acted not just unilaterally but unaccountably. Obama’s own DNI said that Abdulmutallab should have been interrogated by the HIG, the administration’s new High-Value Detainee Interrogation Group.
Many people ask me whether the Democrats are in as much trouble as they were in 1994. The numbers suggest they are in much deeper trouble, at least at this moment. Back in 1994 I wrote the first article in a nonpartisan publication suggesting that the Republicans had a serious chance to win the 40 seats necessary for a majority in the House. That article appeared in U.S. News & World Report in July 1994.
This year political handicapper Charlie Cook is writing in January, six months earlier in the cycle, that Republicans once again would capture the 40 seats they need for a majority if the House elections were held today. I concur. The generic vote question — which party’s candidates would you vote for in House elections — is at least as favorable to Republicans as it was in the last month before the election in 1994.Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Democrats-fall-as-fast-as-Nixon-Republicans-in-1974-82731837.html#ixzz0eCE46YHS