Posted May 4, 2010on:
Please go to and read carefully their mission and everything else on this site. Click on the sections at the top of the page right hand side. This may well be a PAC you may want to contribute to. I know they are getting a contribution from me and I intend to follow their progress.
Below you will find their promised and goals: BB
Why The Freshmen 50?
The Freshmen 50 is unique.
It is not a deal that Congressional politicians have made with America. It is a common sense directive from America to Congress, embodied in 50 citizen-legislators, on how to behave, legislate, and deal with America’s money.
It is grassroots: was not started by a politician or media figure, just a concerned citizen who’s running for Congress himself.
It is independent: no exclusive political party; no religious affiliation.
It is fair: as a rule, not involved in Primary races.
It is focused: 6 common sense agenda items.
It is simple: easily understood by the average voter.
It is achievable: 50 fiscally and legislatively responsible freshmen candidates can be found and elected.
It relies entirely on YOU: with your participation, you can have your country back!
Once in office, The Freshmen 50 will remain accountable to their constituents and to each other. As a band of citizen-legislators unified on a few core precepts, they will be better equipped to withstand the pressures from both lobbyists and the party establishments. They will be a force for real, responsible, accountable change in Washington D.C.
1. Apply the Law Equally: All laws that apply to all citizens also apply to Congress.
2. Limit Terms in Office: Amend the Constitution to limit Congressmen and Senators to no more than 12 years, respectively.
3. Enforce Congressional Ethics
a. Mandatory, yearly tax and expense audits of every member to be made fully available to the general public each Oct 1, until the federal tax code is reformed (see item #5)
b. No member of Congress, or Congressional staff member, can ever be hired as a lobbyist, paid or otherwise, to Congress
c. Unleash the ethics committee: require only 50% of an ethics committee to approve an investigation
4. Read the Bill: Prior to final vote, the bill to be voted upon must be read out loud, by one or more of its sponsors, in its entirety, on the floor of the House. Should amendments be required, they must also be read in the same manner. A member may not vote on the bill unless he or she was present for the entire reading, including applicable amendments.
5. Reform the Federal Tax Code: Repeal the 16th Amendment and replace the current federal tax code with a clear, simple, and fair tax code which includes the following principles:
a. Tax only once
b. Tax at one rate
c. A Constitutional amendment requiring a two-thirds majority for any new tax or tax hike
6. Balance the Budget: Amend the Constitution to require a balanced budget, unless sanctioned by a three-fifths majority in each house of Congress.
Here are a few guidelines under which The Freshmen 50 operates.
1. It is a Political Action Committee (PAC). That means its power is going to come from many thousands – even millions – of individual donors who share our goals.
2. Unlike most other PACs, as a general rule, we will not endorse candidates in the primaries. If the situation arises in which we do endorse in a primary, we will make special note of it.
3. Any candidate in the nation can join the Bullpen at any time all the way into the fall. The Freshmen 50 will select the final 50 candidates as we head into the general election.
4. When a candidate becomes one of The Freshmen 50, you will see him or her on the endorsement page.
5. Candidates will be selected based on a combination of their respective chance of success and the degree to which a significant impact on the Washington status quo.
6. The Freshmen 50 will only accept and endorse candidates who sign The Freshmen 50 platform
The Bullpen (those who are running for office and have made these promises so far)
The Bullpen consists of Congressional candidates around the country who support the platform and want to be part of The Freshmen 50. Candidates in the Bullpen have not been endorsed by The Freshmen 50 PAC and do not endorse each other. Each candidate must make it through their respective primary election.
As we move into the fall and the primaries are completed, The Freshmen 50 will be selected based on liklihood of success and maximizing the impact on the Washington status quo. The final 50 will each recieve PAC money and a national advertising campaign will be launched to promote The Freshmen 50.
Brian Miller (Founder)