Cato’s This Week in Government Failures
Posted June 11, 2010on:
As usual this is just the tip of a huge ice berg. BB
Posted by Tad DeHaven
Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- Downsizing’s new Department of Transportation website is up and running!
- A new essay on “Overpaid Federal Workers” is also up and it’s already generating a lot of buzz in the media.
- Amtrak’s reputation for financial shenanigans lives on.
- Kudos to the Washington Post for pointing out what we’ve been saying for a while: “regime uncertainty” is stifling the economy’s ability to recover.
- President Obama’s lieutenants have instructed federal agencies to come up with spending cuts equal to five percent of their discretionary budgets for fiscal year 2012. 2012? Why wait?!?!