Archive for the ‘Internet’ Category
- In: Barack Obama | Health Care | Health Care Reform Summary | Internet | national deficit, taxes, national budget | Obama 2013 and beyond | Obama admistration | Obama Against America | Obama and ethics | Obama Executive Decress | Obamacare | Obamanation | Obamcare repeal and replace | Progressives Movement to Destroy America | Rep Tom Price | Thye Tea Party Patriots Movement | Tort Reform Needed | Unfunded liabilities | United States taxes | US in Revolt
- Leave a Comment
A Conservative solution to our health care problems is what is needed now I have heard people say. Well there has been this Conservative solution since before Obamacare was forced thru the Congress by the Democrats who were in control of both houses and the Presidency. These same Democrats who refused to allow any Republican input at all during the drafting of this bill. the same Democrats who refused to be bothered reading the 2000+ page bill that they passed without one Republican vote for it. If you check back on this blog site you will see the Republican plans and proposals that were submitted in both the House and the Senate that were never allowed by the Democrat leaders to see the light of day. They were trash canned. What we got stuck with is a so-called Affordable Healthcare Act (Obamacare) that we are now finding out is not at all affordable for the few people who have been able to get a look at the available plans on a web site set up to show these plans to people and allow them to enroll in and purchase insurance. There were, we are now being told, all of 6 people in the entire country who managed to enroll in Obamacare and purchase an insurance policy the first day before the site crashed and burned. The same web site that cost $6 billion and three years to get up and running but isn’t running at all. The web site that was built by a Canadian company but is now being fixed by what the President assures us are experts, or this same Canadian company. Funny I thought the “experts” on the Internet and building programs for the Internet would be the very Americans who built the Internet in the first place. Guess none of these people had a friend in the White House. Or maybe they were willing to take less time and cost less money to build a web site that probably would have worked almost as well as the Internet they built in the first place. Ya think?? But no “friend” in the WH gets no contract.
The following letter is from Jim DeMint who outlines the Republicans and Conservatives Healthcare Plan that is affordable and available and more important, Constitutional. Please check it out. BB
The Conservative Alternative to Obamacare11/01/13Dear friends,We’ve been very critical of Obamacare because it’s hurting Americans. But that has caused some to ask, “What’s your alternative?”
The truth is, we’ve always had alternatives, but our critics weren’t ready to listen. Now, the disastrous rollout of Obamacare has a lot of people asking for alternatives to government-run health care. And conservatives are ready.
With each passing day, it becomes clearer that Obamacare will not reduce premiums for average American families, bring down health care spending, or truly improve health care in this country. Instead, people are receiving notices from their insurance companies that their policies are being canceled or their premiums are skyrocketing.
At The Heritage Foundation, we are envisioning a health care system where you and your family come first.
What if you could choose and control your own health insurance? What if you could buy the insurance and health care services you want and need? What if your health insurance didn’t go away when you changed jobs?
The good news is, all of these things are possible. There can be life after Obamacare—and it doesn’t mean going back to the status quo that we had before. We can move ahead, taking the best health care system in the world and making it even better.
Our experts in the Center for Health Policy Studies have put together a new paper that explains how these conservative ideas work. It includes:
- How we will help people with pre-existing conditions
- How we will help you keep your health insurance when you change jobs
- How we can lower costs and improve health care quality—no matter what your income is
- How we can honor people’s faith and protect the right of conscience in health care
We are excited to share this set of commonsense solutions with you—not just because they are good public policy solutions, but because they bring hope. We have hope for life after Obamacare, and these policies would give you back control over your own health care.
Now that’s worth working toward. I hope you’ll join us.
Posted June 23, 2013on:
- In: AFT American Federation of Teachers | amnesty | Big Labor Unions | Black community family | Communism in America | Economy/Money | Education | Environment | EPA Environmental Protection Agency | Federal Reserve | Financial Industry Reform | Government Failure Series from Cato Institute | Health Care | illegal immigration | Immigration | Ineffective Government Programs | Internet | National Defense | national deficit, taxes, national budget | NEA National Education Association | Obama 2013 and beyond | Obamcare repeal and replace | Off Shore Drilling for oil and natural gas | Redistributing wealth | Supreme Court | Supreme Court rulings | Taxes | teachers unions in politics | United States taxes
- Leave a Comment
The following article is from the Heritage Foundation and is a listing of studies made by various groups on the state of our government and social programs. I found many of them informative and felt that perhaps my Readers would also. Just check out the listings and click on the topics that interest you. You may also wish to subscribe and have the Insider Online newsletter delivered to your home page. sincerely, BB
Updated daily, InsiderOnline (insideronline.org) is a compilation of publication abstracts, how-to essays, events, news, and analysis from around the conservative movement. The current edition of The INSIDER quarterly magazine is also on the site.
June 22, 2013
Latest Studies: 38 new items, including a Manhattan Institute report on the student debt problem, and an American Legislative Exchange Council report on environmental overcriminalization
Notes on the Week: Not even low-income workers can count on benefiting from ObamaCare, things to know about the CBO’s immigration scoring, and more
To Do: Keep an eye on Russia
Budget & Taxation
• Four Tenets to Less Government Spending – e21 – Economic Policies for the 21st Century
• The Municipal Government Debt Crisis – Heartland Institute
• Proposed New Farm Programs: Costly and Risky for Taxpayers – The Heritage Foundation
• Soaring National Debt Remains a Grave Threat – The Heritage Foundation
• Taxing Online Sales: Should the Taxman’s Grasp Exceed His Reach? – The Heritage Foundation
• The Big Choice for Jobs and Growth: Lower Tax Rates Versus Expensing – The Heritage Foundation
• The Many Real Dangers of Soaring National Debt – The Heritage Foundation
• The Simple Economics of Pro-Growth Tax Reform – The Heritage Foundation
• Turn Down the Heat, Switch On the Light: A Rational Analysis of Tax Havens, Tax Policy and Tax Politics – Institute of Economic Affairs
• The Best Solution from Both Budgets: “Reverse Logrolling” Shows the Best Option for Government Spending and Tax Reform – John Locke Foundation
• Creating a Fair Property Tax System: Is it Possible? – Public Interest Institute
• Kansas 2013 Tax Reform Improves on Last Year’s Efforts – Tax Foundation
• New Zealand’s Experience with Territorial Taxation – Tax Foundation
• A Review of the 83rd Session of the Texas Legislature – Texas Public Policy Foundation
• Virginia Economic Forecast 2013-2014: State to Add Jobs Despite Sequestration – Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy
Crime, Justice & the Law
• Ignorance of the Law Is No Excuse, But It Is Reality – The Heritage Foundation
• Comeback States Report: Reducing Juvenile Incarceration in the United States – Texas Public Policy Foundation
• Scientific Evidence in State Courts: Florida Reform as a Model – Washington Legal Foundation
• Beyond Retrofitting: Innovation in Higher Education – Hudson Institute
• College Credit: Repairing America’s Unhealthy Relationship with Student Debt – Manhattan Institute
Foreign Policy/International Affairs
• Beyond the Border: U.S. and Canada Expand Partnership in Trade and Security – The Heritage Foundation
• The Right Way to Fight Obesity – Hoover Institution
• An Analysis of the Proposed Medicaid Expansion in Michigan – National Center for Policy Analysis
• Veterans Affairs Fails to Curb Suicide Epidemic – National Center for Policy Analysis
• Advancing the Immigration Nation: Heritage’s Positive Path to Immigration and Border Security Reform – The Heritage Foundation
• Senate Immigration Bill Does Not Require Payment of All Back Taxes – The Heritage Foundation
• FCC Must Maintain Open Eligibility for Incentive Spectrum Auction – Free State Foundation
• Obama’s Wish to Cut Nuclear Arsenal Undermines National Security – The Heritage Foundation
• Preventing the Next “Lone Wolf” Terrorist Attack Requires Stronger Federal–State–Local Capabilities – The Heritage Foundation
Natural Resources, Energy, Environment, & Science
• Efficiency Policy – American Action Forum
• Five Solutions for Addressing Environmental Overcriminalization – American Legislative Exchange Council
• Improving Incentives for Federal Land Managers: The Case for Recreation Fees – Cato Institute
• Denial of Supreme Court Review Leaves Ninth Circuit ESA Case Intact – Washington Legal Foundation
• Ohio Court Limits Localities’ Authority over Energy Exploration – Washington Legal Foundation
• Paint Is Cheaper Than Rails: Why Congress Should Abolish New Starts – Cato Institute
• Moving the Road Sector into the Market Economy – Institute of Economic Affairs
Rector on CBO on immigration: The Congressional Budget Office told us this week that letting large numbers of immigrants into the country and changing the status of those currently here illegally will be great for the economy and the federal budget. Robert Rector has a few things to say about the CBO’s scoring of the Gang of Eight immigration bill. Here are the highlights:
[T]he immigration coming in under this bill looks like previous immigration in the sense that its predominantly lower-skilled plus the fact that you’re taking 11 million illegal immigrants and giving them access to the welfare and entitlement states. They have an average education of 10th grade, so it’s very difficult to imagine that those households would somehow pay enough in taxes to equal their benefits […] .
The trick is the CBO 10-year budget window. […] For mysterious reasons, when an amnesty bill is written, the amnesty recipients become eligible for everything under the sun in about the 11th year. So that they pay taxes in the first 10 years and they don’t get additional benefits for some mysterious reason until you move outside the CBO budget window. […]
[T]he federal government, because of Social Security and Medicare, inherently transfers from the non-elderly to the elderly. State and local governments kind of do the opposite. If you just look at state and local governments you would find that they transfer from the elderly to the non-elderly to pay for education. The elderly pay a lot of property tax; they don’t get any education benefits any more. […] Of course immigrants are not elderly themselves. For a limited period of time they pay in but then they take out more than they have paid in. It’s important to put both flows together because the opposite process is happening down at the state and local level. […]
One of the interesting things that CBO does tell us is that the number of illegal immigrants who will enter the country over the next 20 years goes down by only 25 percent. There would have been, they estimate, 10 million illegal immigrants entering over the next 20 years. They estimate that that will drop to 7.5 million illegal immigrants entering the country […] . The net cost of those illegals alone would be about $400 billion over that period. […]
When you look at the Gang of Eight explain their bill they always say: Oh, we’re shifting from low-skill immigration to high-skill immigration. You can trust us. That’s what we do. But in fact the numbers from CBO show exactly the opposite. Roughly 80 … 85 to 90 percent of the individuals getting green card status are not skill-based. [The Foundry, June 21]
Many online programs generate large revenues because most colleges charge the same price (or more!) for students enrolled online as for those on campus. A survey of 199 universities by the educational technology arm of the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education found that 93 percent of universities charged the same or higher tuition for their online programs. This is bizarre, given that online courses are less costly to deliver than in-person courses. But instead of competing on price (meaning that cost savings get passed to the student), institutions have maintained in-person prices for online courses—even as the cost of delivery has fallen.
What do colleges do with that extra revenue? They cross-subsidize activities on the brick and mortar campus: unfunded research, student life, institutional aid programs, and so on. Put more genteelly, they “reinvest” it in their traditional campus.
Real innovation, as Kelly and Hess point out, is about unbundling the research-based university, and that’s not going to happen until the government regulations, subsidies, and accreditation policies that protect that model from competition are reformed. [“Beyond Retrofitting: Innovation in Higher Education,” by Andrew P. Kelly and Frederick Hess, Hudson Institute, June 2013.]
Not even low-income workers can count on coming out ahead under ObamaCare. Some low-income workers could end up paying a lot more for health insurance than they paid before ObamaCare became law, reports Jillian Kay Melchior. ObamaCare requires employer-provided health insurance to cover at least 60 percent of health-care costs while not costing employees more than 9.5 percent of their household incomes. Since low-income households may have multiple sources of income, it can be difficult for companies to figure out if a particular plan is sufficient to avoid penalties. The federal government has proposed “safe harbor” standards in order to provide clarity: Companies offering plans that have a $3,500 deductible, a $6,000 cap on out-of-pocket costs, and premiums of $90 or less per month would put companies in the clear of any penalties. Under those standards, says Melchior, a low-income worker not eligible Medicaid has few good options:
He could take the employer’s plan — but if it’s a safe-harbor plan, it would cost, at minimum, $1,080 a year. And that’s before the deductible is even factored in. For someone who earns $28,725 a year, falling at 250 percent of the poverty level, these costs are sizeable.
Option two: He could shop around on the health exchange for an alternative. But because his employer provides a sanctioned plan, he’s disqualified from any subsidy he might have received to help offset costs. Even a very basic plan would cost up to $2,316 a year in premiums alone.
Option three: Forgo insurance altogether and pay the steadily increasing penalty to the federal government. In 2014, for an individual, that’s $95 for the year or 1 percent of household income, whichever is greater. But by 2016, it will rise to either $695 or 2.5 percent of household income. And that’s not even factoring in whether the worker has kids. In that case, he could face an annual penalty of $2,085 or more by 2016. […]
Before, many employers who paid by the hour offered limited medical plans. These policies often got a bad rap because of their lack of catastrophic coverage. But to their credit, they were inexpensive and contributed to health-care costs immediately, without workers needing to first meet a deductible.
Now, these low-wage hourly workers would be forced to spend at least $5,300 before their coverage really begins to benefit them. [National Review, June 17]
Who elected those guys? ask teachers in Kansas. Last week, teachers in Deerfield, Kansas, did something that almost never happens, report James Sherk and Michael Cirrotti: They voted to decertify their union:
Unlike most public officials, unions do not stand for re-election, so their members cannot regularly hold them accountable. Workers can remove an unwanted union only by filing for decertification. But bureaucratic obstacles make it difficult to hold a vote on decertification. The hoops Deerfield’s teachers had to jump through illustrate this problem.
Joel McClure, the teacher who led the effort, submitted the appropriate paperwork to the Kansas Department of Labor in November 2012. But Kansas teachers can request a vote only in a two-month window every three years. KNEA officials contested the petition by claiming that the teachers missed the December 1 deadline. (The Department of Labor had misplaced the initial petition paperwork.) Then the KNEA objected that the teachers’ attorney was not certified in Kansas and that they did not have enough signatures. However, the teachers prevailed and voted out their union—in June, just eight months after the initial submission.
When asked why they went through such protracted effort, the teachers said their union ignored their concerns. They wanted instead to be actively involved in negotiations and work collaboratively with the school district. “The desire is for teachers to participate at the [bargaining] table, to have free access to information,” McClure said. “In our little school district, there’s no reason we can’t sit down at the table and work out our issues.” [The Foundry, June 18]
Did we mention that next week is National Employee Freedom Week?
The death panel is coming. Last week, a federal judge in Philadelphia blocked the enforcement of an age-limit rule on lung transplants, thus allowing a very sick 10-year-old girl to obtain a new set of lungs. Doctors had said the girl, who suffers from cystic fibrosis, would live only three to five weeks without new lungs. Earlier, Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius had said she would not to intervene in the case by overturning the rule.
When the ObamaCare-created Independent Payment Advisory Board is up and running in two years, it too will make decisions on matters of life and death, but unlike Sebelius’s decision on lung rules, the decisions of the IPAB cannot be reviewed by courts. Those decisions are also protected from politics in some extraordinary ways. As David Rivkin and Elizabeth Foley explain, the IPAB set-up is certainly unconstitutional, but likely not challengeable in the short run because no one would have standing to sue:
Once the board acts, its decisions can be overruled only by Congress, and only through unprecedented and constitutionally dubious legislative procedures—featuring restricted debate, short deadlines for actions by congressional committees and other steps of the process, and supermajoritarian voting requirements. The law allows Congress to kill the otherwise inextirpable board only by a three-fifths supermajority, and only by a vote that takes place in 2017 between Jan. 1 and Aug. 15. If the board fails to implement cuts, all of its powers are to be exercised by HHS Secretary Sebelius or her successor. […]
The power given by Congress to the Independent Payment Advisory Board is breathtaking. Congress has willingly abandoned its power to make tough spending decisions (how and where to cut) to an unaccountable board that neither the legislative branch nor the president can control. The law has also entrenched the board’s decisions to an unprecedented degree.
In Mistretta v. United States (1989), the Supreme Court emphasized that, in seeking assistance to fill in details not spelled out in the law, Congress must lay down an “intelligible principle” that “confine[s] the discretion of the authorities to whom Congress has delegated power.” The “intelligible principle” test ensures accountability by demanding that Congress take responsibility for fundamental policy decisions.
The IPAB is guided by no such intelligible principle. ObamaCare mandates that the board impose deep Medicare cuts, while simultaneously forbidding it to ration care. Reducing payments to doctors, hospitals and other health-care providers may cause them to limit or stop accepting Medicare patients, or even to close shop.
These actions will limit seniors’ access to care, causing them to wait longer or forego care—the essence of rationing. ObamaCare’s commands to the board are thus inherently contradictory and, consequently, unintelligible.
Moreover, authorizing the advisory board to make rules “relating to” Medicare gives the board virtually limitless power of the kind hitherto exercised by Congress. For instance, the board could decide to make cuts beyond the statutory target. It could mandate that providers expand benefits without additional payment. It could require that insurers or gynecologists make abortion services available to all their patients as a condition of doing business with Medicare, or that drug companies set aside a certain percentage of Medicare-related revenues to fund “prescription drug affordability.” There is no limit. [Wall Street Journal, June 19]
What is candy? Depends on which state wants to tax it online. Forcing online retailers to remit sales taxes to the state where the purchaser resides, as the federal Marketplace Fairness Act (MFA) does, is not going to level the playing field between online and bricks-and-mortar retailers. Rather, as James Gattuso explains, it will tilt the playing field heavily against online retailers—especially smaller ones:
While the legislation does require states to provide retailers with free software for managing tax compliance, that software need only cover the individual state. Retailers are left on their own to get nationwide software, unless they want to integrate 46 individual software packages. No compensation is offered for recurring costs incurred by retailers, such as accounting services or online tax management services.
In addition, internal staff time would be needed for an array of tasks, including handling claims by tax-exempt customers, fielding inquiries from tax authorities, and addressing the inevitable glitches.
Even the simple act of classifying the item being sold can be problematic, with thousands of idiosyncratic distinctions and definitions through each state’s tax code. In Wisconsin, the Wisconsin flag as well as the U.S. flag is not subject to tax. All other flags are taxable. Unless they are bundled with flagpoles, in which case the rules change yet again.
Similarly, candy is defined—under the “streamlined” sales tax agreement, as “a preparation of sugar, honey, or other natural or artificial sweeteners in combination with chocolate, fruits, nuts or other ingredients in the form of bars, drops, or pieces.” But sellers beware: “‘Candy’ shall not include any preparation containing flour and shall require no refrigeration.” Thus defined, states still vary on whether the concoction is taxable or not.
The problems do not end with the sale. Each of the 46 state tax authorities with which retailers would have to deal directly require tax returns to be completed, on an annual, quarterly, or even weekly basis. To ensure that it is all done correctly, sellers would be subject to audits from each of 46 states. (If tax authorities on Indian reservations are included—as they are in the MFA as passed by the Senate—the number of tax forms and potential audits jumps to the hundreds.) [The Heritage Foundation, June 19]
Carbon taxers forget the externalities of not using cheap, abundant energy. One reason putting a tax on carbon in order to price its negative externalities is not a free-market idea:
[E]ven if SCC [social cost of carbon] estimates were not assumption-driven hocus-pocus, their use by activists, policymakers, and agencies would still be biased and misleading, because proponents of “climate action” always ignore the social costs of carbon mitigation.
As Cato Institute scholar Indur Goklany explains in a recent study, fossil fuels are the chief energy source of a “cycle of progress” responsible for the amazing improvements of the past 250 years in life expectancy, health, nutrition, safety, comfort, human capital formation, and per capita income. The cycle of progress is to no small extent a “positive externality” of fossil fuels. Thus, policies that suppress the extraction, delivery, and consumption of fossil fuels, or that make fossil energy less affordable, have social costs in addition to whatever compliance burdens and economic losses the policies entail.
For example, the more stringent the carbon mitigation scheme, the more severe the impacts on household income and job creation. Numerous studies find that poverty and unemployment increase the risk of sickness and death. Carbon tax advocates never acknowledge this side of the ledger.
Given the continuing importance of fossil fuels to human flourishing and the undeniable connection between livelihoods, living standards, and life expectancy, carbon taxes can easily do more harm than good to public health—even if one accepts the IPCC’s version of the science.
That’s from Marlo Lewis’s excellent summary of the recent R Street-Heartland Institute debate on the carbon tax. [GlobalWarming.org, June 16]
Progressives make use of rights that progressives think should not exist. It’s a good thing for progressives—and everybody else—that one particular progressive idea hasn’t been adopted, observes Wendy Kaminer:
If progressives had their way, the ACLU’s latest challenge to the NSA’s domestic surveillance would easily be dismissed.ACLU v Clapper, filed in the wake of the Snowden revelations, is based on the ACLU’s First and Fourth Amendment rights, which, according to progressives, ACLU should not possess. It is, after all, a corporation, and constitutional amendments aggressively promoted by progressives would limit constitutional rights to “natural persons.”
“The words people, person, or citizen as used in this Constitution do not include corporations, limited liability companies or other corporate entities,” the popular People’s Rights Amendment declares. [The Atlantic, June 17]
Arthur Koestler’s protagonist in Darkness at Noon referred to the first-person singular as a “grammatical fiction” because it conflicted with the logic of self sacrifice demanded by the party. Today’s real progressives are now trying to subvert the plural form. By insisting that only individuals, not corporations, have rights, they elide the fact that corporations are made up of individual people. Individuals can’t fully exercise their rights if the things they choose to do cooperatively with others do not have the same protections as the things they choose to do alone. Maybe the American Civil Liberties Union can spread the word.
• Find out what Russia is up to with its efforts to construct a Eurasian Union. The Heritage Foundation will host a half-day conference on June 27 in Washington, D.C.
• Reflect on the Battle of Gettysburg and its meaning for the nation, which happened 150 years ago this July. Allen Guelzo of Gettysburg College will make remarks at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C., at 4:30 p.m. on June 26.
• If you are a young, professional, conservative woman, come meet other young, professional, conservative women at the Network of enlightened Women’s National Conference. The conference will be held June 27 – June 28 at The Heritage Foundation in Washington, D.C. Christina Hoff Summers will deliver a keynote address.
• Request a free copy of the movie Amazing Grace, which tells the true story of William Wilberforce’s fight to abolish slavery. The offer is part of the Foundation for Economic Education’s Blinking Lights Project, which educates about the importance of personal character as a vital element of free society. Be sure to check that out, too.
• Don’t forget that next week is National Employee Freedom Week, “a national effort to inform union employees of the freedom they have regarding opting out of union membership and making the decision about union membership that’s best for them.”
• Save the dates! These events are no longer classified, are they?
—The annual IEA Hayek Memorial Lecture, delivered this year by Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform, talking on “The Leave Us Alone Coalition vs. The Takings Coalition: The On-going Struggle” at 6:30 p.m. in London;
—The 42nd National Fourth of July Soiree, featuring barbeque, blue grass, balloon artists, and more at Bull Run Regional Park in Centreville, Va., on July 4 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.;
—The Heritage Foundation’s annual Scholars & Scribes review of the Supreme Court’s 2012-2013 term, July 11, in Washington, D.C.;
—Freedom Fest, the largest gathering of free minds, July 10 – July 13 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas;
—and Cato University, July 28 – August 3 at the Cato Institute in Washington, D.C.
Have a tip for InsiderOnline? Send us an e-mail at email@example.com with “For Insider” in the subject line.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/InsiderOnline.
Looking for an expert? Visit PolicyExperts.org.
The Heritage Foundation
214 Massachusetts Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002-4999
phone 202.546.4400 | fax 202.546.8328
Facts you really should know about what your government is doing and how to take action against this tyranny NOW.
Posted June 20, 2013on:
- In: amnesty | Barack Obama | Big Labor Unions | Black community family | Brain washing our children | Bribery called Earmarks in congress | Climategate | Commentary | Communism in America | Constitution of the United States of America | Economy/Money | Education | Environment | EPA Environmental Protection Agency | Federal Reserve | Financial Industry Reform | Government Failure Series from Cato Institute | Health Care | illegal immigration | Immigration | Ineffective Government Programs | Internet | Internet Neutrality | Know the enemies of America | Laws and Regulation--stupidities | laws and regulations--stupidities | Left's and Obama's attack on religion | Leftist violence in America | national deficit, taxes, national budget | National Politics | Obama admistration | Obama and ethics | Obama's moratorium on drilling in the Gulf | Obamcare repeal and replace | Off Shore Drilling for oil and natural gas | patriotism | Progressives Movement to Destroy America | Project to Restore America | public service employees | Radical Left at War with America | Redistributing wealth | Regaining our moral standards | Subverting America by Uri Bezmenov | Supreme Court rulings | Taking back our schools | Taxes | The Fight Back | Unfunded liabilities | United Nation's Agenda 21 | United Nations | US in Revolt
- 6 Comments
I thought I was pretty well up on what is happening in our country because I really try hard to keep up and do a lot of reading, but now way was I even close to knowing what is happening to everyday people just like me and you. This article from the Heritage Foundation is an eye opener and a blood pressure raiser. Be sure and go to all the referred sites for all the information. The time for We the People to act is now when we have the momentum with the Tea Party and other groups up and moving. Time for you to get involved too before it has gone too far for the United States and Americans to turn the tide towards tyranny around and defeat those who would imprison us in a country no American wants to live in. Sincerely, Brenda Bowers BB
Every day, more Americans get trapped by big government. In addition to groups targeted by the IRS, upstanding citizens going about their normal lives are suddenly targeted by law enforcement authorities and charged as criminals. Just a few examples:
- A young girl was fined $535… for rescuing a wounded woodpecker.
- A businessman was jailed for years… for shipping lobsters in plastic bags rather than cardboard boxes.
- A Maryland father and building engineer faced a years-long legal ordeal… after being unfairly targeted under the Clean Water Act.
These are only a few of the shocking incidents The Heritage Foundation chronicles in our new project, USA vs. YOU. Experts at Heritage’s Edwin Meese III Center for Legal and Judicial Studies reveal the stories of 22 people from all backgrounds, races, and income levels victimized by carelessly written laws.
When criminal laws are created to “solve” every problem, punish every mistake, and compel the “right” behaviors, this troubling trend is known as overcriminalization. Ultimately, it leads to injustice for honest, hard-working Americans at every level of society.
Public interest groups from across the political spectrum recognize how this flood of criminal laws violates our basic liberties. Diverse organizations including the American Civil Liberties Union, the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, the American Center for Law and Justice, and Right on Crime, among others, have joined with Heritage to reaffirm the true purpose of America’s justice system: to ensure public safety and protect the innocent.
When was the last time you saw the ACLU work together with a faith-based group like Justice Fellowship? WithUSA vs. YOU, the problem is grave enough to bring together unlikely allies. And we’re delivering this bipartisan message just as the House of Representatives has launched a task force aimed at correcting this issue.
This morning, Heritage Senior Legal Fellow John Malcolm will testify at the first hearing of the Overcriminalization Task Force—shining a spotlight on the scope and severity of this threat to our liberties. Ending the practice of trapping our citizens with unnecessary laws will be no easy task, with an estimated 4,500 criminal law offenses and 300,000 criminal regulations on the books.
Over the next six months, Members of Congress from both parties will study this issue in depth, hold hearings, and—with the right encouragement—take steps to enact real reform.
This new effort includes tools for you to raise your voice and make a difference in defending our liberties. So explore the documented stories in USA vs. YOU, follow the links, and take real action today to help turn the tide.
Read the Morning Bell and more en español every day at Heritage Libertad.
- President Obama has changed his policy on Syria, saying that Bashar al-Assad used chemical weapons and that the U.S. will provide military support to the rebels.
- The Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, won’t be so “affordable” for many workers, reports the Associated Press.
- What would redefining marriage mean for Father’s Day?
- Investigative journalist James O’Keefe has produced some shocking stories of corruption. In a new book, hedetails his undercover work with Project Veritas.
- For decades, inappropriate IRS behaviors have been revealed. Each time, the agency has assured the public that it takes these breaches “very seriously.”
- Heritage’s Jessica Zuckerman fact-checked President Obama’s latest speech on immigration and amnesty.
- In: American Crash 2011 | Barack Obama | Brain washing our children | Communism in America | Constitution of the United States of America | Internet | Internet Neutrality | Know the enemies of America | laws and regulations--stupidities | Obama admistration | Obama and ethics | Obama Executive Decress | Radical Left at War with America | Subverting America by Uri Bezmenov | US in Revolt
- Leave a Comment
Dear Readers, I have backed off on my postings because I have been so busy getting into my new home. Unpacking boxes is actually more work than packing them! and I am not really up to the job but just keep slowly plunging ahead. Plan to have my home in some kind of liveable order this time next year. So am surely watching the news and keeping up my reading but not posting as much. This particular piece I thought you as computer nuts like me would be of interest to you. It’s getting really really bad people and and we are in a deep depression because of this Obamanation policies. The only reason there are no bread lines like in the 1930’s is because we now have Social Security, unemployment Comp up to 99 weeks, food stamps and all kinds of social programs. the fact that the money to pay for these things is being borrowed from China and India seems to be of no real concern to anyone. In fact the mobs lining up for food stamps in Philadelphia the other night don’t know this fact and surely don’t care. They will be the mobs that cause the riots that Yuri Bezmenov ( Yuri Bezmenov, Former KGB agent on bringing Communism to America ) talks about in his outline of how America will be defeated. Obamanation is taking over and contr4olling us now people.BB
Grassfire Nation Update
Dear Concerned Patriot,
Late last week, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
took what is being called “the final step” towards implementing
their illegal Net Neutrality regulations.
You may recall, that back on December 21, the FCC bypassed
government regulations and seized control of the Internet —
delivering what many believe is a knockout blow to one of
the last, great free-market frontiers our nation and the
world has ever seen.
According to the organization Less Government, regardless
of a multiple lawsuits, a move by the House of Representatives
and a D.C. Circuit Court unanimously ruling that the FCC
had no authority to take control, the fed is still
arrogantly pushing forward toward full implementation of
their Net Neutrality regulations on November 20!
The FCC’s Net Neutrality regulations would be job-killers —
likely stifling the $30 billion annually that investors
pour into Internet development and advancement and hundreds
of thousands of jobs.
And that’s not the worst of it… As we warned several months
ago, these regulations will lead to the FCC’s control Web
Should we expect anything less?
Considering government growth and control is surging while
private sector job opportunities continue shrinking! Now
Americans are in danger of losing their free speech rights
through this latest FCC Net Neutrality power-grab!
+ + A Grassroots Call to Action!
The only way to stop this runaway train is for grassroots
Americans to appeal to the Senate to move quickly to pass
a Congressional Review Act (CRA) Resolution that would
effectively kill the illegal, job-killing Net Neutrality
Patriot, with more than 100,000 petitions already in hand,
Grassfire Nation is asking members of our team to add their
name if they have not yet signed. Additionally, by forwarding
this message to your friends, networks, and family members.
To sign right now click here:
With your help, we anticipate delivering 150,000 petitions
or more in the week ahead as we work together to stop the
federal takeover of the Internet!
Again, after signing, please alert your friends and family members.
Since this has not been publicized by the liberal media, many
Internet users are likely unaware of the huge threat looming
overhead. You can help change that by sending this message
to them and encouraging them to take action with you by
To sign our petition to “Stop the Fed Takeover of the
Internet,” click here:
Thank you for your outstanding efforts.
Grassfire Nation and Patriot Action Network
2012 is the Tea Party’s Year…
No More Obama!
The Tea Party is claiming 2012 as our year to overhaul excessive
government! We made astronomical strides in 2010….
2012 is OUR YEAR!
The Gadsden snake coiled around the 1 of the 12 symbolizing “2012”
as the year of the Tea Party and the 0 contains the NoBama symbol!
Leave no doubt where you stand as the epic 2012 cycle gets into full
swing with the “Don’t Tread On Me” 2012 bumper sticker and t-shirt.
Order two of our exclusive bumper stickers featuring the
“Don’t Tread On Me” snake from the historic Gadsden Flag
which has become the symbol of the Tea Party movement…
for just $5
Get Two Stickers FREE…
When You Order The “Don’t Tread 2012” T-Shirt!
Order the “Don’t Tread 2012” T-Shirt for just $20 and we’ll
include two bumper stickers as our gift to you.
Order Here Now!
This is a great way to let others know where you stand
as this epic 2012 cycle heats up!
Order Here Now!
Need help spreading the word?
A Patriot’s Guide to Surviving in
Obama’s America …
Click for larger image and to
Hailed as a transformational figure who swept into the White House on promises of change, Barack Hussein Obama is doing just that – recasting the nation of Washington and Jefferson into his own socialist image … An image and philosophy that is already exacting a devastating cost to our land and its people … and he’s only just begun. What change lays ahead for you, your family, your children and your country?
Grassfire’s researchers have analyzed 21 key areas Obama has targeted for change and compiled the findings in Obama Exposed — a stark, yet compelling 64-page booklet that identifies the specific ways Obama plans on re-shaping our nation in his own statist image. From his plan to redistribute your wealth, to silencing the conservative voice, to undermining faith, family and liberties through expanded government control, conservatives need to know what to expect and how to respond in the critical months ahead.
Order Your Copy of Obama Exposed Today
For just $10, Grassfire will rush you two copies of Obama Exposed — keep one and hand the other off to a friend. If you are planning to attend a Tea Party event and need additional copies to distribute, we have three options below:
Tea Pak — 10 copies of Obama Exposed for $20
Tea Party Rally Pak – 50 copies of Obama Exposed for $50
Tea Party Super Pak – 100 copies of Obama Exposed for $75
Order today, Click Here Now
Stand With The Tea Party Against The Left’s Hostile Attacks
Free Gift For Taking A Stand
When you take a personal stand against the attacks on the Tea Party,
we’ll send you two “I Am The Tea Party” key tags as our free gift—one to
keep and one to share. The front side boldly states, “I Am The Tea
Party,” while the reverse features the “Don’t Tread On Me” flag which has
become the symbol of our movement.
Click Here to sign now
Free Speech at Stake:
P.S. Again, if you are concerned about the loss of your Free
Speech Rights with the federal takeover of the Internet,
speak up by signing our petition today:
Click here to take fast action:
Visit Patriot Action Network at: http://resistance.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network
- In: Barack Obama | Constitution of the United States of America | Internet | Obama admistration | Obama and ethics | Obama Executive Decress | Progressives Movement to Destroy America | Radical Left at War with America | Regaining our moral standards | Subverting America by Uri Bezmenov | The Fight Back | US in Revolt
- Leave a Comment
Dear Readers I am bringing you this newsletter as written. I hope you all understand that an Internet Kill Switch held by our government would kill the People’s communication system. There would be no Tea Party Movement without the Internet! Doesn’t it seem especially provident that at this time when the greatest threat to America has been placed directly in the White House We the People just happen to have the only weapon that can defeat this evil? The Internet is the People’s Voice—–alive and FREE! Keep it that way! BB
Internet Kill Switch Coming Soon!
Obama To Take Control Of The Internet This Week?
ALERT: Now that Osama Bin Laden is dead Obama is pushing revamped Internet Kill Switch bill to silence anyone and everyone who opposes his regime! Obama says he needs to take away our Internet freedoms to protect us from terrorism. Stealing our online freedom does not protect us from terrorism; it’s the perfect excuse for Obama to control the web.
Senators Joseph Lieberman (I-CT) and Susan Collins (D-ME) reintroduced an extensive cyber-security legislation that would give Obama unprecedented power over the World Wide Web. Interestingly enough, in the latest version, the Senator’s got rid of the Internet Kill Switch provision. In reality, they just gave the power to shut down the Internet to Homeland Security! Don’t let the new version of this bill fool you. If this bill passes, Obama will still have total control over your Internet!
Internet Kill Switch To Destroy Conservative Voice?
Gaddafi killed the Internet in Libya. The Chinese government has limited their Internet access to prevent anti-government protestors. And Egypt issued a complete Internet blackout. Why are the Liberals fighting tooth and nail to shove this freedom crushing bill through Congress? Because they want to GAG the mouths of every American who speaks out against them!
Protests in our own country are spreading like grass fire. Pro-union nuts are swarming capitals across the U.S. commanding bankrupt states give into their outrageous demands. Tea Partiers are showing up at the rallies and fighting back against the union thugs. I can just imagine Obama losing sleep because people who care about the future of our country are speaking out. Patriotic Americans are saying “Enough is enough” – LOUD AND CLEAR.
There’s no better way to control the people than to kill their access to news and information. And there’s no better way to shut down the fiscally conservative, pro-freedom movement than to destroy what created it – the Internet. Believe me; I’m sure Obama wasn’t pleased when the Tea Party began rolling out their demonstrations across the country. You can bet he wants to prevent an embarrassment like that from happening again. That’s why he wants the power to shut down the Internet.
Big government wants to control the websites you visit, your access to real information (not propaganda,) and your right to log onto the Internet as you please. If we let the government get their hands on our access to the World Wide Web, there will be no end to their freedom-grabbing pillage.
Liberals Want To Block Your Access To Certain Websites
The revised version of the proposed bill (called the Lieberman-Collins bill) would establish a White House Office of Cyberspace Policy. The job of this new bureaucracy would be to implement: “Instruments of national power relating to ensuring the security and resiliency of cyberspace” and with the enforcement of security standards to be developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) across public- and private-sector critical infrastructure systems.”
In other words, Obama will be able to use a “security breach” as an excuse to pull the plug on Internet access for over 20 million Americans. ‘
But Obama won’t be able to directly shut down the Internet. If he declares a “cyber emergency,” the Department of Homeland Security will issue an order to shut down the Internet for him! After all, Homeland Security works for Obama! Do you really want Napolitiano in charge of your Internet access? The Liberals are using some pretty crafty language.
“Big Brother Is Watching You” – George Orwell, author of the book 1985.
Liberals Want U.S. To Adopt Communist China Internet Policy
This proposal not only gives Obama complete control over the Internet, but it gives him the authority to reign over the telecommunications networks. Sen. Lieberman remarked, “The President will never take over –the government should never take over the Internet.” Yet, he said some drastic measures must be taken to avoid a potential mass scale cyber-attack. He continued, “Right now, China, the government, can disconnect parts of its Internet in case of war. We need to have that here too.”
We do not need a Communist-style Internet take over. I don’t know if Sen. Lieberman is aware, but China doesn’t only exercise Internet restrictions during a time of war. They prevent access to certain sites and information EVERY DAY! China enforces strict Internet censorship through 60 laws and countless draconian administrative regulations. These laws gag critical opinions, corruption exposes and speech that protest their government. The communist country employs 50,000 people who act as Internet police, scouring the web for offenders to punish.
Obama and his Liberal buddies have already nationalized two Chrysler and GM and pretty much usurped the entire banking industry. Now, they want to get their hands on the last bastion of freedom – the Internet. Enough is enough! We must stop Obama’s Internet grab before it’s too late!
THIS IS NOT A FIGHT WE CAN AFFORD TO LOSE
1. Select Below To Tell Congress To Stop The Communist-Style Internet Take Over!
2. Send this Alert to EVERYONE you know and every like-minded friend on your personal email list who wants to stop Obama from stealing your Internet freedom. We need to get HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of faxes delivered to EACH AND EVERY Senator and Congressman.
3. Keep calling your Senators today, toll free numbers include 1-877-851-6437 and 1-866-220-0044, or call 1-202-225-3121 AND REGISTER YOUR OUTRAGE! Demand Congress stop Obama from creating an Internet kill switch!
4. CALL President Obama, 202-456-1111 and 202-456-1414 expressing your disdain and ABSOLUTE REJECTION of his big government’s Internet take over.
5. Print this copy and pass it around where normal working class Americans gather who care about the future of our country. Polling data reveals that Americans do not want the government controlling the Internet!
DO NOT BE SILENCED – MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
NOTE: We need TENS OF THOUSANDS of faxes and PHONE CALLS and EMAILS delivered TO ALL CONGRESSMEN RIGHT AWAY!
Your voice can be heard — we need your urgent help at AmeriPAC.
Even smaller donations are going to help.
Any amount — $1000, $500, $250, or even $100 will help us fight the battle to preserve free speech. It’s time we stood up and said enough is enough! Please join us with your AmeriPAC donation TODAY. Thank you.
DONATE NOW. Get My New Book Black and Blue as my gift to you and the country and say – “I Am Mad As Hell And I Am Not Going To Take This Anymore!”
Black & Blue: How Obama And The Democrats Are Beating Up The Constitution
The compelling story of how the Obama Administration and progressive Democrats are warping and contradicting the Constitution to make it fit with their radical agenda.
The book covers Barack Obama’s Chicago and Saul Alinsky days were he learned to “game the system” to bypass the rule of law. The book details how the progressive Democrats use groups like Acorn to gain power to force their socialism on the American people.
For more information, visit www.ameripac.org
President and Founder
Please make checks payable to AmeriPAC:
American Political Action Committee (AmeriPAC)
PO Box 1682
Dept Code xxx
Bellevue, WA 98009-1682
Paid for by AmeriPAC, a federally-authorized and qualified multicandidate political action committee. Contributions to AmeriPAC will be used in connection with federal elections. Maximum contribution per individual per calendar year is $5,000. Contributions from foreign nationals and corporations are prohibited. Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
- In: Environment | EPA Environmental Protection Agency | Ineffective Government Programs | Internet | Know the enemies of America | Laws and Regulation--stupidities | laws and regulations--stupidities | laws and regulations--stupidities | national deficit, taxes, national budget | Obama admistration | Obama and ethics | Obama Executive Decress | Obama's moratorium on drilling in the Gulf | Obamcare repeal and replace | Off Shore Drilling for oil and natural gas | Politics 2011 | Progressives Movement to Destroy America | Republican Committee Chairman 2011 | Republican House of Representatives 2011 | Republican House of Representatives 2011 | Senate Republicans 2010 | Unfunded liabilities
- 2 Comments
Rules and Regulation Insanity is a disease that is at epidemic proportions in Washington. Our huge unelected and largely under-“regulated” federal workforce has nothing to do but push pencils around on paper and then they make what they write on this paper a law (regulations) which We the People have to live by. The regulations are so all invasive I have no doubt at all that I break several laws a day just sitting in my own home. And, these regulation reproduce themselves like rabbits because every regulation needs more regulations to regulate the regulation!
Obamacare is the granddaddy of regulations. The bill itself has thousands of regulations written in it and that is even before the bureaucrats get their hands on it to regulate how the regulations will be regulated. Progressives want this type of all invasive government because they believe the mass must be controlled. Of course the regulations do not apply to the elite. A fine example is Michelle Obama’s regulating what we Americans east. she already has the schools under her guidelines and now she is going after the restaurants and even our homes by taxing what we purchase for our own home consumption. But have you gotten a gander at what was served at the Obama Super-Bowl Party? There was enough fat served at that gathering to to bring Jack Lalanne back to life screaming.
This is also a reason Obama and the Progressive need to keep Obamcare on the books long enough for the regulations to get into laws and well embedded in the system to be called on when needed at some future date. The Republicans do however have a plan to deregulate as much as possible in the next two years. It isn’t likely that the House will pass many bills that make it thru the Senate or the White House but they can perhaps whittle away of the guts of laws by whittling away at the regulations. BB
A few weeks ago, President Obama purported to promise an overhaul of the Federal regulatory regime, pledging to look at bloated and outdated piles of red tape in order to make the tough cuts necessary, in his mind, to stimulate economic growth.
Writing in the Wall Street Journal, Obama stated, ““Regulations do have costs; often, as a country, we have to make tough decisions about whether those costs are necessary…But what is clear is that we can strike the right balance. We can make our economy stronger and more competitive, while meeting our fundamental responsibilities to one another.”
But as Big Government demonstrated just a few short weeks ago, the progressive left did not respond favorably to the President’s call for balance between public welfare and private-sector growth. Progressive special interest groups have outlined, instead, a plan of attack on Obama’s regulatory agencies, demanding an iron-fisted regulatory regime designed to punish some of the nations most prolific industries. A few short examples:
- Just days before Christmas, the FCC voted in “Net Neutrality,” an unprecedented power grab on par or greater than Obamacare. Under this scheme, the FCC essentially gave itself regulatory power over telecommunications companies, a job it was never intended to do.
- Speaking of Obamacare, contained within it’s own regulatory scheme is a terrifying Medicare reform project called IPAB, the Independent Payment Advisory Board. IPAB consists of 15 unelected officials charged with making drastic cuts to Medicare benefits – cuts that don’t require Congressional approval and can only be reversed by a Congressional supermajority. (These are the so-called Death Squads. BB)
- On the education front, it seems that the Department of Education has been relying on the advice of noted short-sellers as it and Congress formulates policy on for-profit colleges. New rules like the “gainful employment” rule threaten to punish students for choosing not to attend favored non-profit schools and universities in favor of career-oriented schools. (The career oriented schools are the only ones turning out students who are ready to go to work. They are the community colleges and technical schools that have professionals teaching the classes and no one doing “research” for government grants. Also at these favored un9iversities and colleges the classes are taught by student assistants while the professors are doing the “research” and campaigning for research grant dollars. These favored Universities and colleges are also populated by the “elites”. BB)
- Across the country, the National Labor Relations Board has been threatening legal action against state legislation designed to protect workers from “Card Check” legislation at the behest of the Obama Administration.
- Although the Clean Air Act was never intended to regulate carbon emissions, the EPA is threatening to use it to punish energy-producing industries that it doesn’t like, like biomass, a plan that could cost Americans nearly a million jobs. At the same time, the EPA is revoking permits for clean coal operations, and despite promising to restore oil and gas production in the Gulf, the Obama Administration has failed to issue new drilling permits, resulting in a de-facto moratorium on domestic oil production.
The Republicans have just introduced draft legislation that could force the Obama Administration to live up to it’s promises to investigate regulatory overreach and institute real, job-saving reforms.
Just last week, House Republicans released a three page draft bill calling on “certain standing committees to inventory and review existing, pending, and proposed regulations and orders from agencies of the Federal Government, particularly with respect to their effect on jobs and economic growth.” You can download a copy of the draft legislation here, from Politico, which also notes in it’s Playbook:
[N]ext week, the House majority will instruct 10 committee chairs to begin an oversight process on federal regulations that could impede job growth: 1099, EPA, tax policy, etc. Each chair will go to the floor and outline oversight plans. “They will have a series of hearings, they will conduct oversight,” the aide said. “This is an effort that we expect to go for the next several months. It will result in a report coming from each committee chairman, saying, ‘Here’s our findings. Here’s jobs, jobs, jobs recommendations.’
The bill specifically targets for investigation regulations, executive and agency orders that impede job creation, discourage innovation, hurt economic growth, harm investment, limit access to capital or cut into the US’s international competitiveness.
The bill also seems to call into question a number of the regulations listed above, as it targets actions and orders that create economic uncertainty and impede economic progress like those being issued daily from the EPA, bills and agency actions like IPAB that fail to meet standards of transparency and oversight, actions like Card Check that impede labor-management relations and actions, like Net Neutrality, that lack specific authorization for execution.
This legislation, if passed, will be key in forcing the Obama Administration’s hand, and it will show American voters just how dedicated the Obama Administration is to real reform, and real job growth and creation. (If this bill is held up in the Senate or vetod by Obama the American people should finally see Obama’s game plan clearly! BB)