Archive for the ‘patriotism’ Category
Facts you really should know about what your government is doing and how to take action against this tyranny NOW.
Posted June 20, 2013on:
- In: amnesty | Barack Obama | Big Labor Unions | Black community family | Brain washing our children | Bribery called Earmarks in congress | Climategate | Commentary | Communism in America | Constitution of the United States of America | Economy/Money | Education | Environment | EPA Environmental Protection Agency | Federal Reserve | Financial Industry Reform | Government Failure Series from Cato Institute | Health Care | illegal immigration | Immigration | Ineffective Government Programs | Internet | Internet Neutrality | Know the enemies of America | Laws and Regulation--stupidities | laws and regulations--stupidities | Left's and Obama's attack on religion | Leftist violence in America | national deficit, taxes, national budget | National Politics | Obama admistration | Obama and ethics | Obama's moratorium on drilling in the Gulf | Obamcare repeal and replace | Off Shore Drilling for oil and natural gas | patriotism | Progressives Movement to Destroy America | Project to Restore America | public service employees | Radical Left at War with America | Redistributing wealth | Regaining our moral standards | Subverting America by Uri Bezmenov | Supreme Court rulings | Taking back our schools | Taxes | The Fight Back | Unfunded liabilities | United Nation's Agenda 21 | United Nations | US in Revolt
- 6 Comments
I thought I was pretty well up on what is happening in our country because I really try hard to keep up and do a lot of reading, but now way was I even close to knowing what is happening to everyday people just like me and you. This article from the Heritage Foundation is an eye opener and a blood pressure raiser. Be sure and go to all the referred sites for all the information. The time for We the People to act is now when we have the momentum with the Tea Party and other groups up and moving. Time for you to get involved too before it has gone too far for the United States and Americans to turn the tide towards tyranny around and defeat those who would imprison us in a country no American wants to live in. Sincerely, Brenda Bowers BB
Every day, more Americans get trapped by big government. In addition to groups targeted by the IRS, upstanding citizens going about their normal lives are suddenly targeted by law enforcement authorities and charged as criminals. Just a few examples:
- A young girl was fined $535… for rescuing a wounded woodpecker.
- A businessman was jailed for years… for shipping lobsters in plastic bags rather than cardboard boxes.
- A Maryland father and building engineer faced a years-long legal ordeal… after being unfairly targeted under the Clean Water Act.
These are only a few of the shocking incidents The Heritage Foundation chronicles in our new project, USA vs. YOU. Experts at Heritage’s Edwin Meese III Center for Legal and Judicial Studies reveal the stories of 22 people from all backgrounds, races, and income levels victimized by carelessly written laws.
When criminal laws are created to “solve” every problem, punish every mistake, and compel the “right” behaviors, this troubling trend is known as overcriminalization. Ultimately, it leads to injustice for honest, hard-working Americans at every level of society.
Public interest groups from across the political spectrum recognize how this flood of criminal laws violates our basic liberties. Diverse organizations including the American Civil Liberties Union, the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, the American Center for Law and Justice, and Right on Crime, among others, have joined with Heritage to reaffirm the true purpose of America’s justice system: to ensure public safety and protect the innocent.
When was the last time you saw the ACLU work together with a faith-based group like Justice Fellowship? WithUSA vs. YOU, the problem is grave enough to bring together unlikely allies. And we’re delivering this bipartisan message just as the House of Representatives has launched a task force aimed at correcting this issue.
This morning, Heritage Senior Legal Fellow John Malcolm will testify at the first hearing of the Overcriminalization Task Force—shining a spotlight on the scope and severity of this threat to our liberties. Ending the practice of trapping our citizens with unnecessary laws will be no easy task, with an estimated 4,500 criminal law offenses and 300,000 criminal regulations on the books.
Over the next six months, Members of Congress from both parties will study this issue in depth, hold hearings, and—with the right encouragement—take steps to enact real reform.
This new effort includes tools for you to raise your voice and make a difference in defending our liberties. So explore the documented stories in USA vs. YOU, follow the links, and take real action today to help turn the tide.
Read the Morning Bell and more en español every day at Heritage Libertad.
- President Obama has changed his policy on Syria, saying that Bashar al-Assad used chemical weapons and that the U.S. will provide military support to the rebels.
- The Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, won’t be so “affordable” for many workers, reports the Associated Press.
- What would redefining marriage mean for Father’s Day?
- Investigative journalist James O’Keefe has produced some shocking stories of corruption. In a new book, hedetails his undercover work with Project Veritas.
- For decades, inappropriate IRS behaviors have been revealed. Each time, the agency has assured the public that it takes these breaches “very seriously.”
- Heritage’s Jessica Zuckerman fact-checked President Obama’s latest speech on immigration and amnesty.
- In: American Crash 2011 | Constitution of the United States of America | Education | History: the truth | Me and Mine | National Politics | patriotism | Progressives Movement to Destroy America | Radical Left at War with America | Regaining our moral standards | States revolt | Supreme Court | The Fight Back | US in Revolt
- Leave a Comment
I have received a newsletter from Hillsdale College for several years now and consider it one of my favorite things. The newsletter features a different conservative speaker each month on a topic of timely national interest. Hillsdale College is offering a 10 week e-course on “The History and Meaning of the Constitution” that I highly recommend to any one , even those who feel they have a fair understanding of the Constitution. I am taking it now. For you who may be interested below is the information that will get you started. BB
Welcome to Constitution 101!
To access each week’s course material, click the hyperlinked title in the schedule below.
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Constitution 101 Schedule
Each lecture is pre-recorded and lasts approximately 40 minutes. Lectures and other study materials will be released by noon each Monday according to the schedule. Once released, they are available to view at your convenience.
You will receive an email each week informing you that new material is available.
Pre-course Introductory Materials
- The American Mind
Larry P. Arnn
Monday, February 20
- The Declaration of Independence
Thomas G. West
Monday, February 27
- The Problem of Majority Tyranny
Monday, March 5
- Separation of Powers: Preventing Tyranny
Monday, March 12
- Separation of Powers: Ensuring Good Government
Monday, March 19
- Religion, Morality, and Property
Monday, March 26
- Crisis of Constitutional Government
Monday, April 2
- Abraham Lincoln and the Constitution
Monday, April 9
- The Progressive Rejection of the Founding
Ronald J. Pestritto
Monday, April 16
- The Recovery of the Constitution
Larry P. Arnn
Monday, April 23
Posted March 5, 2012on:
- In: Constitution of the United States of America | CPAC 2012 Conservative America | Greece collapsing under debt | Know the enemies of America | Move back to Conservatism | National Politics | patriotism | Politics 2012 | Project to Restore America | Regaining our moral standards | Repuiblican Presidential Candidates | The Fight Back | US in Revolt | Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker
- Leave a Comment
- We all need to listen to Daniel Hanna’s speech to Americans at CPAC 2012. It is a warning to us to stop our slide towards European-ism, which is slavery and dehumanizing people. I personally love to listen to Hanna and have even read a few of his books. I also tossed in a few videos of others who spoke that weekend. You might also want to listen to the one true ‘Fighting Conservative’ Andrew Breithart. His voice has been silenced by death but we still have his past words and deeds to inspire us to carry on the fight he was so very dedicated to. Enjoy BB
- 27:27 Full Speech: Daniel Hannan at CPAC 2012by rightscoop79,164 views
- Full Speech: Sarah Palin at CPAC 2012by rightscoop164,459 views
- 35:29 Full Speech: Governor Scott Walker at CPAC 2012by rightscoop7,949
- In: American Crash 2011 | Barack Obama | Constitution of the United States of America | Know the enemies of America | laws and regulations--stupidities | Leftist violence in America | National News | National Politics | National Stories | Obama admistration | Obama and ethics | Obama Executive Decress | Obamanation | patriotism | Politics 2008 | Politics 2009 | Politics 2010 | Politics 2011 | President Obama, Congress, Democrats, Republicans, Islam, Muslim, terrorists, | Progressives Movement to Destroy America | Radical Left at War with America | Republican House 2010 | Republican House of Representatives 2011 | Republican House of Representatives 2011 | The Fight Back | Thye Tea Party Patriots Movement | US in Revolt
- 2 Comments
Republicans are known RIGHTLY! for being adept at snatching defeat from victory. Why this is so often baffles many of us, but this article in American Thinker has some serious answers and perhaps can serve as a warning to those of us who react in the ways outlined in the article. It seems the most important and potentially devastating Republican characteristic in self-defeat is overly optimistic and willing to believe verbal please of innocence even against all evidence of past negative actions. In other words: STOP BEING MR. NICE GUYS! BB
If you have limited time for the Internet I suggest American Thinker be at the top of your list of sites to go to first. Just run thru the titles of articles and choose those that appear to offer you the information you need and I promise you will remain or become well informed on national and international affairs. BB
Thanks to a fellow blogger whom I have a great deal of respect for for this article showing We the People taking action to restore honor to government. Lovin’ it! We the people are on the march and we will prevail against evil that has been allowed to infiltrate our country. BB
When I read that Florida’s Dade County Citizens let their voices heard by ousting the Mayer by voting him out; I could not but smile. America has come a long way since the days she was just a Colony of misfits and discarded souls by British Empire. America has grown from an infant and now in my opinion is in adolescent stage of it progressive growth. She still has lots of learning to do and that is one of her greatest strength ability to grow. I tip my hat to Dade county citizens, for their courage and standing up to injustice.
Miami-Dade Voters Overwhelmingly Choose to Remove Mayor
Published March 16, 2011
| Associated Press
Voters furious with spending decisions and new taxes voted Tuesday to oust Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Alvarez.
MIAMI — Mayor Carlos Alvarez was ousted Tuesday by voters angry over a property tax rate increase and salary raise for county employees in a county struggling to recover from the recession.
With 100 percent of precinct votes counted, 88 percent voted to oust the mayor, making Miami-Dade the most populous area, with more than 2.5 million people, ever to recall a local official. Just 12 percent of the 204,500 who cast ballots were in favor of allowing Alvarez to finish his second term, which ends in 2012.
Alvarez said he was confident the county’s professional staff will work hard to ensure a smooth transition to a new administration.
“It has been an honor and privilege to serve this community for the past 35 years,” Alvarez said in a statement. “The voters have spoken and a time of healing and reconciliation must now begin.”
The county commission will most likely schedule a special election to fill the remainder of his term. The effort to remove Alvarez was led by billionaire car dealer Norman Braman.
“County voters have demonstrated by their ballots that they are tired of unaccountable officials, of being ignored and of being overtaxed in this very difficult recessionary time,” Braman said at a news conference.
Alvarez maintained throughout the recall effort that raising taxes was necessary to fill a $444 million gap and avoid cuts to critical social services. He said those affected by the property tax increase had enjoyed an artificially low 3 percent annual cap on tax increases during the real estate boom, and that the last round of contract negotiations had authorized most of the employee raises.
“It’s time for him to go,” Rodriguez said. “We want a change.”
There have been numerous recalls of state officials in recent years, but not any of a local government official in an area as big as Miami-Dade County. said Joshua Spivak, a recall expert and senior fellow at Wagner College in New York. The Los Angeles mayor was recalled in 1938, but Spivak said the population at that time was smaller.
Alvarez, a former county police chief, also says Braman is angry over losing an effort to block the county from funding a new $600 million stadium for the Florida Marlins baseball team.
At Alvarez’s urging, the county commission approved it.
“The defining issue really is the type of government that the citizens of this community are looking for,” Braman said. “It’s about empowering the people of this community to take it back from the politicians who have been running it, and running it in a way that I think endangers the fiscal future of our community.”
Fernand Amandi, the firm’s managing partner, said disenchantment with the county government and elected officials has been accentuated by the poor economic environment.
“This has been building,” Amandi said.
Yolanda Soler, 47, said she voted to recall the mayor.
“I think it’s important that politicians know when the people are not with them,” she said. “What he did didn’t make any fiscal sense. I’m disappointed because I did trust him to do a better job.”
- Miami-Dade voters recall Mayor Carlos Alvarez (cbsnews.com)
- “Florida – Miami Dade Voters Recall Mayor Carlos Alvarez” and related posts (vosizneias.com)
- As recall wave builds, Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Alvarez first to go – Christian Science Monitor (news.google.com)
- You: Miami-Dade County voters remove Mayor Carlos Alvarez amid frustration over property taxes (washingtonpost.com)
- Miami-Dade voters remove Mayor Carlos Alvarez (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Carlos Alvarez’s Fate On The Line As Miami-Dade Mayor Faces Recall Vote (huffingtonpost.com)
- Voters In Miami-Dade To Vote On Mayor Recall – NPR (news.google.com)
- Voters Recall Florida Official (online.wsj.com)
What all that Foreign Aid, State Department and United Nations is Buying the United States of America.
Posted February 21, 2011on:
- In: Barack Obama | International News | Isreal Fight for Survival | Know the enemies of America | national deficit, taxes, national budget | National Politics | Obama and ethics | patriotism | Politics 2008 | Politics 2009 | Politics 2010 | Politics 2011 | Regaining our moral standards | United Nations
- Leave a Comment
I sincerely hope you find this as outrageous as I do. I have always been against the United Nations as the biggest mistake the United States ever BOUGHT. And I do mean BOUGHT because we pay well over one half of the expenses (tho on paper it is only called 22%. BB) for running that high class luxury joint for vipers. Read the following article. BB
Did you Know?Posted on February 20, 2011 by wdednh
You might know lots of things about lots of things, but did you know this?
According to Newsmax.com
Biggest U.S. Aid Recipients Oppose America at U.N.
Of the 15 countries receiving the largest amount of aid from
the United States, 14 voted against American positions at the United Nationsmore than half the time — including Afghanistan, Egypt, and Mexico.
That troubling fact comes to light as a congressman is
putting forth an amendment to cut off U.S. aid to nations that routinely oppose American positions at the world body.
According to the amendment from Louie Gohmert, a Texas
Republican, a U.N. member state could not receive aid if it voted contrary to the American stance more than 50 percent of the time in the most recent session of the U.N. General Assembly.
The Foreign Relations Authorization Act requires the State
Department to send to Congress a yearly report on how other nations voted in the General Assembly, compared to America’s vote.
The most recent report, for 2009, shows that of the 15
nations that got more than $300 million in American aid during the fiscal year coinciding with the year under State Department review, only Israel voted with the U.S. more than half the time — 97 percent.(And Israel is the first one we turn our back on[at least the Obama administration])
Ethiopia, a big aid recipient, voted with America just 8.6
percent of the time. The rest of the 15 nations were Sudan (16.4 percent), Egypt (17.7), Jordan (21.3), Uganda (22.4), Kenya (28.1), Zambia (28.8), South Africa (29.4), Afghanistan (29.9), Nigeria (30), Pakistan (30), Tanzania
(32.3), Colombia (33.3), and Mexico (36.8). Of the 53 nations in Africa, only one — the Seychelles —
voted along with the U.S. the majority of the time, while European Union members sided with America 63.9 percent of the time.
Although the United States pays 22 percent of the regular
U.N. operating budget, CNS News observes, its vote holds no more weight in the General Assembly than a vote from any of the other 191 members, including those that contribute less than 0.1 percent of the budget.
Other amendments proposed in Congress would go even further than Gohmert’s. One from Rep. Paul Broun, R-Ga., would prohibit the U.S. from paying any dues at all to the U.N.
The United States is the world’s cash cow and laughing stock! Not to mention the numbers of our young men and women who die for these countries who treat us with so much contempt. It is time it stopped. BB
- U.S. vetoes U.N. resolution (jta.org)
- U.N. panel cuts gay reference from violence measure (reuters.com)
- Civil War Looms in Ivory Coast (thedailybeast.com)
- U.S. Succeeds In Re-Adding Gays To U.N. Slaughter Resolution, Promptly Abstains From Voting For It (queerty.com)
- Obama Plays ‘Pivotal Role’ In IIMSAM Expansion (foxnews.com)